laerdal

laerdal

Sunday 20 October 2013

Second attempt - where the hell is G?

Sorry for the absence, it's been a while since the last time I wrote on this blog. And there is no other reason than an evident fact: I'm a lazy guy.

I mean, this was supposed to be a diary, not a novel. And, guess what?, I overthought as usual.
We live the present without knowing what we will consider relevant in the future looking backwards. There was a methodological problem within the project of this blog: how to select the stories to tell? to what aspects give priority? to be just didactic or to fictionalize enough to give a smutty profile to my life here?
And then, of course, an underlying question: why the hell should I spend my time telling you how I am spending that time itself?

They will look like nothing more than childish excuses, and it's true. But while reading this bullshit you didn't notice that I gained time over you, an umpteenth delay that you will once more forgive. I'm explicitely taking advantage of you, but please... no hard feelings!

Some weekes ago an episode of my childhood came to my mind: I was taking a classwork at the primary high school, open questions. I was overthinking as usual about from which one to begin... so after a while I left anxiety apart, took the pen and started answering the last one. When the teacher passed to check the stage of my work she looked at me surprised: "how can you have already finished?!", but after a closer sight she realized I was actually quite behind schedule. She became upset, believing that I was trying in a way to cheat: I was clearly unprepared - no other reasonable justifications!

Jesus, one of the worst memories of my very first academic life :S

Well, you know what? I will start from the end once more. And if you believe I'm an incompetent... tough luck!

Distracting picture (North sea, on a cruise from Oslo to Copenhagen, last week)


No comments:

Post a Comment